The English language reading-room can be visited with valid reader’s card or day ticket only. Reader’s card can be purchased from reader’s service of the Library. In this room are deposited 400 volumes of English trade books and all others are kept in our store-room. The latter ones can be got from the reader’s service in our other reading-room of the Library after filling in an order card. Books, periodicals, dissertations and other documents kept in our Library can be searched for in our on-line catalogue or in the card catalogue deposited in the other reading-room.
In the English language reading-room books and periodicals are arranged in the following way:
- Cupboard No. 1: Current year’s issues of 46 trade periodicals arranged in alphabetical order of their titles (issues of previous years can be got from the reader’s service of our Library). Latest issues of the Newsweek and Budapest Sun are on the table.
- Cupboard No. 2, 3 and 4: Trade literature containing general scientific knowledge (philosophy, psychology, social sciences, medicine, etc.).
- Cupboard No. 4, 5 and 6: Books on physical education and sport, and textbooks written by teachers of our University (grouped according to taught subjects, i.e. textbooks, sport history, Olympic Games and Olympism, books written by our teachers, biomechanics, recreation, sociology, sports psychology, trade literature on certain branches of sport).
After reading books and periodicals must be left on the table. Books and periodicals belonging to the holdings of our Library are prohibited to take out of the reading-room.
Regulations of loaning from the English language reading-room:
- three books can be loaned at the same time,
- duration of loaning is a week,
- handbooks, manuals, lexicons, encyclopaedias, textbooks and lecture notes written by our teachers and being in our possession in one copy only, and also periodicals can not be loaned.
Use of computers:
- Computers in the English language reading-room are intended primarily for using on-line databases of trade literature and searching information via Internet. We make possible also the e-mailing.
- Also are at our reader’s disposal other softwares (text editor, spreadsheet and statistical programmes), needed for their studies and research work.
- It is prohibited to watch on our computers indecent pornographic, pedophilic, etc. pages, and chatting and to use computer games.
- It is prohibited to place or modify any kind of icons on our start page and also to modify start page being set in the computer.
- Use of our computers is free of charge and usually is allowed for 30 minutes but this duration can be modified by the librarian depending on loading of the reading-room.
Printing: (price is 20 HUF per page)
- first to save the information by pen-driver, then to print it on the librarian’s printer.
To preserve handbags, coats and other values must be used lockable cupboards which are in entrance hall of the Library.
It is prohibited to use mobile (cellular) phone and to consume food and drinks in the reading-room!