Address: Alkotás u. 44., Budapest, Hungary H-1123 | Postal: P.O.Box: 69., 1525 Hungary

Erasmus Exchange Program:

  • Ms. Katalin Pirosca, incoming coordinator | 36-1-487-9200/61116, +36-70-378-6836 |
  • Ms. Julianna Király, coordinator | 36-1-487-9200/61116, +36-70-378-6837 |

International Coaching Course: Mr. Gergely Kiss, coordinator | 36-1-487-9288 |

School of Doctoral Studies: Dr. Zsolt Radák | (Secretary: Tímea Rab | )

In case you can’t decide which of our colleagues to contact or your issue does not fit into any of the above mentioned categories then please send your email to !

The oldest building on the campus is the main building designed by Alajos Hauszmann and built in 1884.

This building was declared a protected monument in the townscape in 1987. The women’s dormitory was built at approximately the same time, and the gymnastics hall was completed in the next century in 1930. Further changes took place only after the Second World War when the games hall (1952-53), the men’s dormitory (1953-54) and the cafeteria were built.

The ceremonial presentation of the 25-meter long swimming pool and the games hall above the pool were built in 1986.

The practice hall (24x72m) with synthetic overlay, built on the site of former athletic field of 200 meters, and the building complex with the auditorium (430 person capacity) were completed between 1978 and 1980. The new pride of the University is the modern five-storey building on Alkotás Street, which was completed in 1987.

In the same year the men’s dormitory was opened, enlarged by one storey and fully modernized.

An integral part of the University is the sport establishment on Csörsz Street, the building of which began in 1948. The playing field was designed between 1976-78 and today there is a grassy soccer field, a 400-meter synthetically surfaced athletic field, a hard surface throwing field, a tennis court with a synthetic surface and a handball court.

Within the renovation of the University’s facilities the Games Hall was modernized and enlarged by one storey and a new conditioning room.

In 1992 a facility absent from the campus for the past several decades was integrated into the property of Faculty: a water camp on the shore of the Danube River with adjacent buildings in Budapest. The restored complex, that was once the property of the Worker’s Militia, provides an excellent area for hosting the summer water sport courses and camps as well as for recreational activities for the faculty.

1993 was the year when the dormitory complex was fully organized resulting in a 250 bed, 3 storey hotel style complex. The building is connected to the cafeteria and the billiards room. More facilities and services are available for our students, faculty members and guests: swimming pool, sauna, tennis courts, conditioning room, printing and computer services, etc.

The University of Physical Education has volunteered to launch, operate and continually improve the MSZ EN ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance system in order to further increase customer satisfaction and develop our organizational structure, services and standard.

Certification areas that are continuously monitored include: higher education, mature-age education specialised courses, scientific research and development, project-based sport and physical education improvements as well as training and examination systems. The outcomes of the feedback on various services and follow up analyses have a major impact on future policy making and planning procedures.

Our University places major emphasis on fostering the labor market-sensitive skills and knowledge of our students.

ISO 9001:2015 Certificate >>>

  • established in 1925: the oldest, largest and most comprehensive center for physical education and activity, sports and related sciences in Hungary
  • 2,420 students
  • highest performance of students at entrance exams, compared to those at other HEIs providing sports programs
  • Doctoral School in Sport Sciences, unique in Hungary
  • TE faculty and alumni work as leading members of boards for several national sport associations and serve as head coaches in the national leagues in various fields of sport and are selected as prestigious members of international sports bodies
  • our educators and alumni have strategic roles in the reorganized Hungarian national sports administration
  • TE provides globally-acclaimed degrees
  • EU and international policy and professional development in Sport and PE, including Dual Career, Good Governance, and Volunteering and Social Inclusion
  • numerous international agreements, and a widespread global network, including 22 Erasmus partners in 43 countries
  • membership in major professional sports organizations
  • fully-enclosed campus with 16 sport facilities and laboratories, with a major ongoing reconstruction and expansion project
  • practice-oriented training programs
  • the International Coaching Course offers training over 20 sports out of the 28 Olympic sports, and receives students from every country in the world
  • National Student Scientific (OTDK) participants in recent years, awards 3 golden medals, 2 silver and 1 bronze as of 2015.
  • life-long support over the whole career
  • student satisfaction with educational and other services at TE: 4 out of 5 (January, 2016)
  • student satisfaction with educators’ performance: 4.22 out of 5 (January, 2016)
  • graduate satisfaction: majority of graduates would recommend TE to others
  • graduate employment: TE graduates draw highest comparative income among Hungarian HEIs of similar programs

Institutional chronology

  • 1925-1945: Hungarian Royal College of Physical Education
  • 1945-1985: College of Physical Education (TF)
  • 1985-2000: Hungarian University of Physical Education (TF)
  • 2000-2014: Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences (TF), Semmelweis University
  • 2014- University of Physical Education (TE), Budapest