You have just entered the website of the Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences (2000- ) of Semmelweis University, formerly the Hungarian Royal Physical Education College (1925-1945), the Hungarian College of Physical Education (1945-1989) and the Hungarian University of Physical Education (1989-1999).
As we celebrated our 75th anniversary in 2000, a look to our past reveals many changes both in terms of our institutional structure as well as the content of our many programs. One thing has remained constant throughout this 75 years – we have maintained a commitment to our traditions of training physical education teachers and coaches.
Until 2000 TF did its educational and research work as an independent institute of higher education. The integration of universities approved by the government offered several possibilities for TF from which the establishment of Semmelweis University together with Semmelweis Medical University and Imre Hajnal Health Sciences University was chosen. This integration brought alive the only university of the country where professionals are trained to prevent health impairment, heal and rehabilitate and also carries out integrated researches in the area of health, medical and sport sciences.
TF works independenlty as a Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences in the area of education and research completing its mission on the solid basis of its history and traditions. Our success depends on our work, which is supported by the other faculties and we can also contribute to the development and success of the other faculties and the university. We still consider the motto embroidered on the flag of TF our moral giudance.
Unite the mind, the moral, and the power!